Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Teeth-Brushing Woes


Annabel only recently turned two. And already we're having teeth-brushing battles. Some nights she won't even let us put the toothbrush in her mouth without tears and drama. Other nights she wants to do it herself, which is the equivalent to not brushing her teeth at all, but at least she'll readily put the toothbrush in her mouth and attempt to brush. Thankfully, she's at the point where she's mostly letting me brush her teeth, but I have to be quick about it. But I usually also give them a wipe with a clean cloth so I think we're covered. For now.

I expect the battle may continue for some time. Heck, I remember not wanting to brush my teeth when I was a kid. I see no reason why Annabel would feel otherwise. But I'm armed with some great tips to get her brushing that I discovered while researching for this Canadian Living piece about encouraging your kids to brush their teeth. It's part of the fantastic new Canadian Living Moms website, which I'm so pleased to be a part of, and for which I will soon begin blogging! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment