Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wishing for Sunshine (a la Scottsdale)

So we're officially winding down summer although many Albertans would argue that we never had a summer to begin with. This year's summer was one of the most dismal weather-wise that I can remember. But, I have had it pointed out to me that it was the perfect pregnancy summer because apparently scorching heat is the worst for expectant mothers. I can only imagine since there was nary a day that we cracked 20 degrees Celsius. I'm sure my fetus and I could have dealt with just a little more heat.

Thankfully, I can reminisce about my spring trip to Scottsdale--where sunshine and heat are plentiful. We went down for my girlfriend Libby's wedding and of course, I couldn't help but write a story about our Arizona adventures, which published this month in both Avenue Calgary magazine and Avenue Edmonton (page 62).

Four Seasons' stunning pool area

We had a blast wandering through Old Town Scottsdale along with wining and dining at the likes of Talavera at the ultra luxe Four Seasons Scottsdale at Troon North. That resort is oh-so-lovely, making it easy to sit back, relax and soak up the sun. We also took to the skies in a hot-air balloon ride. And of course, we shopped. Arizona has no shortage of outlet malls!

We can't wait to make our way back. Have a read and see for yourself what Scottsdale has to offer.

Here's hoping we get a balmy autumn...

No comments:

Post a Comment