Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Eat, Drink (Water) and Be Merry!

I will heartily drink when the occasion calls for it, such as a toast or as seen here, "researching" a winery for a story.
But for the most part, I keep it virginal.

Most of my close friends and family know that I'm not a big drinker. In fact, I rarely drink at all. But it still comes as a shock to many others when I turn down a bevy at a social event. Sure, I'll have a few sips of wine paired with a fancy dinner out or the occasional cocktail, but for the most part, I prefer to stick to my virgin libations. Nothing against alcohol and those who enjoy it, but I'm just not a big fan of gettin' sloppy. Anyhoo, I wrote a little story about how being a non-drinker makes me a social pariah, which ran in last Friday's Swerve. Gan bei! (Chinese for "cheers"; it literally means "drink it all.")

No comments:

Post a Comment